Yes, He Can!

Thank you Mary2 for reminding me I’ve only Twittered on this subject!

***

Even though I am Canadian and we did the turkey thing last month, I am currently giving thanks.

Why?

Because my future husband Hugh Jackman has finally received the recognition he has deserved!! That’s right… check it out…

There are actually some people who didn’t even know who Hugh is until he was named People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive for 2008. Can you imagine?? Now I kind of preferred having him as my sexy man sorta secret, but now everybody knows! But I don’t mind sharing. I guess. *grumbles*

I remember the exact moment this man was seared into my mind and imagination. And it was right here in the summer of 2000……. at about the 1:50 mark….

Hey, that’s Sookie! I forgot about that.

Anyhooo… to quote Anita Blake, that scene just flat out did it for me. Instant fangirl. For eight years now. How much of a fangirl? I own Someone Like You on DVD. That’s commitment, people! Despite the Hugh Hotness, it was not a great movie (but IMO better than Van Helsing).

He was perfect in Kate and Leopold, even though Meg, who I also adore, was a bit flat in that role. I’m looking forward to Australia (which opened today) and for Wolverine which is out next year!!

Anyhow, congrats to Hugh — who has since I first saw him in X-Men been the only actor I’ve ever pictured as Thierry de Bennicoeur in four of my Immortality Bites books. I keep waiting for him to do a movie with Sandra Bullock (who is Sarah Dearly in the theater of my mind). Which would rock.

Here, let me share some of my favorites “inspirational” photos of him with you….you will notice that I prefer sullen, moody Hugh to go with the sullen, moody master vampire image in my head… ;) Enjoy…

This first one I just found today. OMG. *dies*

And…..Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends!

8 comments to “Yes, He Can!”

1. Jill Myles
     · November 26th, 2008 at 9:37 pm · Link

I just would like to say that I love sideburns. That is all.

2. Jaye Wells
     · November 26th, 2008 at 10:39 pm · Link

He had me in Swordfish. Horrible movie, pretty Hugh. Witness the pretty

3. Amanda Ashby
     · November 27th, 2008 at 1:53 am · Link

I don’t really get the whole Hugh thing but since he’s going to be your future husband I’ll try my hardest to get on with him for your sake!!!! Oh, and I’m looking forward to seeing Australia.

4. Michele Bardsley
     · November 27th, 2008 at 9:08 am · Link

Wait … just gotta wipe the drool off my face. Whew. Okay, then. Yeah. Hugh rocks. *dreamy sigh*

5. Diana Holquist
     · November 29th, 2008 at 10:25 pm · Link

Michelle, I’m so happy for you and your future husband!

I, of course, know Hugh from way back.

You know, like, last week….

(Hey, I’m working on it…)

–Diana

6. jynyfyr
     · November 30th, 2008 at 5:02 pm · Link

i don’t know why he doesn’t have 100 children… any woman would jump at the chance at reproducing with that hot piece of man flesh… i wanna know why people can actually talk to him without reaching out to touch…

7. Mary2
     · December 4th, 2008 at 11:24 pm · Link

Hi Michelle,
    I am at peace now. It was an appropriate and hot party hardy :) The man is … well, the man just is.

8. Danielle Ferries
     · December 7th, 2008 at 11:11 pm · Link

Hi Michelle, have just stumbled across your blog and thought I’d leave a comment about Hugh Jackman. He is super hot isn’t he. I think Van Helsing is my favourite movie of his although I also love him in a movie from a few years back called Paperback Hero. If you haven’t seen that one its definitely worth checking out.