Progress report

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
35,190 / 85,000
(41.4%)

LIVING IN EDEN is plugging along, even though the doubt weasels are in high gear with this book. Their voices must be giving out for how much they’ve been talking to me. Every line I write they’re saying I should rethink it or do something different, etcetera, etcetera. I’m trying not to listen, but it’s hard. Writing fast is the best way around this, so that’s what I’m trying to do. I’m writing a good chunk every day plus going back over it and doing an immediate polish on what I’ve written. Hopefully that will make this a nice clean draft to give my beta-readers in a few weeks.

I’m mostly concerned with pacing. I feel like the first half of this book is a whole lot of world intro and establishing stuff before we get to the major action. But these are things I can’t worry about now and can be fixed in the second draft. Besides, it’s possible it’s all in my mind and it reads just fine. You’d think after writing a dozen books the process would get easier, but it doesn’t. SOme books are hard writes and some are easy. As long as you get to the finish line, that’s all that counts.

And I have this other book, hereby known as SC, which is my YA contemporary, that’s itching to be written. It’s all shiny and seductive. I’m jotting down notes, but that’s all the time I’m giving it right now. I am not a multi-tasker.

Okay….lunch with a friend, and then back to the keyboard. And I think I’m shutting off the Internet this afternoon. The weasels love using that to distract me. Stupid weasels.

6 comments to “Progress report”

1. Stargazer
     · December 2nd, 2008 at 11:33 pm · Link

Dont let the Weasels get ya down. We all know your work ROCKS! fanged smile*
    I am working on a graphic novel right now….I am trying to hammer down the plot line. have I mentioned how I hate trying to come up with all of the details. But I dont want it to fizzle out half way through. I have 6 pages drawn so far…its a start at least.
    I am keeping my fingers crossed for ya.
    Hay, they are replaying TrueBlood on HBO tonight!
    Sena

2. Tabitha
     · December 3rd, 2008 at 6:12 pm · Link

Uh, I was thinking…maybe we could obsess about Twilight for a little bit longer?

Aside from my Twilight disorder, I’m ordering a book of yours from Amazon. I’m interested to read your take on Vampires. If it’s about a vampire, it has gotta be good. v–v Tabitha

· December 3rd, 2008 at 10:20 pm · Link

My Twilight obsession got a stern look from a friend the other day (as I was buying the Edward/Bella poster) so I think I should put a lid on it for now. However, I think each blog post I do will have a pic of RPattz for a while.

Hope you enjoy my book. :-)= I’ve loved vampires long before I ever discovered Edward Cullen.

4. Tabitha v--v
     · December 4th, 2008 at 11:51 pm · Link

Hi there. -Just hanging-out on your site, again. I read down at the bottom and realized that you’re on Team Jacob…hmph. Okay, I was willing to share Edward with you but if you prefer dogs, then I’ll just have to keep Edward to myself.LOL I might have good news for you. I was watching My Own Worst Enemy last Monday night, and I really believe that the Jacob character plays the son on that show. It was fun to see him, but I wasn’t interested enough to research it. -Just thought you might be interested.

· December 5th, 2008 at 11:32 am · Link

Oh, I know. And I’m not Team Jacob until New Moon. I have to say the actor who played Jacob in Twilight is too young and innocent looking to play Jacob further on in the series, so we’ll see what happens.

I’m too Edward-centric at the moment to debate my Team Jacob love. :) Maybe I’m Team Switzerland now.

6. Phong
     · October 8th, 2015 at 1:27 am · Link

Podolgo vreme One imaat odlichna pounda. Verojatno najdobar odnos kvalitet/cena. Ama ova so cena za vospostavuvanje povik im e najglupo neshto shto go napravile. Sami si se vrakjaat od percepcija na operator koj raboti bez skrieni troshoci (i reklami imaa so koja gi trolaa T-Mobile i Vip) vo standarden operator. Tapa poteg.