New website, foreign rights, and WIN early copy of Stakes!

Sooo…. I’m all finished my Harlequin Blaze edits and ready to get back into the writing of my next YA. Very different books, that’s for sure.

Because of the fact my books are going to appeal to different markets, I now have two websites. One for my “adult” book and one for my “young adult” books. They both branch off from www.michellerowen.com with my new Splash page (ie: door number one or door number two?). You can directly check out my young adult website at ya.michellerowen.com. I’ve put the first two chapters of Demon Princess: Reign or Shine up as an early sneak peek — still 6-1/2 months until it’s released.

I feel like I might have gone off track with the YA last time I was working on it. I was really fighting myself as I went along and that’s usually a sign something is rotten in Denmark. So I’m going to ease into things by doing some brainstorming.

In other book news, I wanted to report that I’ve sold Spanish rights on the first three Immortality Bites books. I’m excited! Looks like these will start coming out in mid-2010.

Plus, I got some copies of the German versions of Bitten & Smitten and Fanged & Fabulous that are now out in Germany. They look really great! I love these covers.

Here…I’ll take a picture………

And last but not least, I have a few copies of Stakes & Stilettos hot off the presses. I’m giving one away today. As you can see, my cat Spike is very excited about my upcoming release and wanted to model it.

Here’s what you have to do to win.*

Email me (don’t leave answer in comments) at michelle@michellerowen.com between now and tomorrow, Wednesday, March 11th at midnight EST with the answer to the following question:

What is the first name of Sarah Dearly’s ditzy best friend?

I’ll randomly choose a winner from the correct answers. Good luck!

*cat not included

9 comments to “New website, foreign rights, and WIN early copy of Stakes!”

1. Alaleh Banafshe
     · March 10th, 2009 at 2:49 pm · Link

Her Name is Missy-So now do I get the book Please?????? I am really dying here. I have never gotten any books early.

· March 10th, 2009 at 2:51 pm · Link

Her cousin’s name is Missy, not her best friend.

And I’m taking entries as emails this time, not comments. :-)

Good luck! :-)

3. Alaleh Banafshe
     · March 10th, 2009 at 2:52 pm · Link

OK -So I totally efed this whole thing her name is *** her cousins name was Missy do you think I could still get the book or no?

· March 10th, 2009 at 2:54 pm · Link

Alaleh… please email me the answer (I’ve deleted it from your comment since it gives it away to other people — they need to work, too! LOL).

It will be a randomly chosen winner tomorrow at Midnight. No promises!! :-)

5. Shanna
     · March 10th, 2009 at 3:53 pm · Link

Love the German covers! Especially the one for Bitten & Smitten! They just look so chic! Tell Spike he makes an excellent model!

6. Vicki
     · March 10th, 2009 at 4:25 pm · Link

Man I can’t wait to read this one!

7. Amy
     · March 10th, 2009 at 4:54 pm · Link

I love those German titles! I read them aloud in my best german accent. My great grandma would be proud. :)

· March 10th, 2009 at 5:32 pm · Link

Amy, do you speak German?

9. Amy
     · March 10th, 2009 at 7:21 pm · Link

No, I only know a few words and I can do the accent. My great grandmother was German, and always disappointed that none of her grandchildren and great grandchildren learned the language of the Fatherland.