Inspiration Friday

Supernatural was a really good one last night with a mix of everything I love about the show — from brother angst to ROFL comedy (“What’s Dean slash Sam?” almost killed me — kudos to the show for a major wink to the fangirls) to conflicted Castiel to show mythos. Bring it on, I say.

Therefore my Inspiration this week for all things paranormal is Dean Winchester as played by Jensen Ackles. Great season, great acting, great humor. It’s just terribly unfortunate that he’s so ugly, right? ;) Poor guy.

I’ve been a bit ill the last couple of weeks for a couple different bleechh reasons so my page count hasn’t been where I’d like it to be, but I plan on doing some major work this weekend. I need to brainstorm a bit today before I continue on and just get a couple pesky ducks in their neat little rows. I’m also revising a new proposal because I’m always living at least two years in the future as far as my writing goes.

6 comments to “Inspiration Friday”

1. Anna
     · April 3rd, 2009 at 4:04 pm · Link

Fun fact… although it may not be so fun.

So I open my Entertainment Weekly magazine today and it says that the director does not, and probably will not do anything past season 5 in Supernatural! Also, in an interview, Jensen Ackles and Jared Padaleki both said that they would like to go home after the 5th season as well.

As a fan thought you might like to know =]

Good luck brainstorming,
    Anna

2. Karen W.
     · April 3rd, 2009 at 4:21 pm · Link

I loved last night’s episode too — especially the Fabio book covers and Sam trying to explain Slash fandom. :)

· April 3rd, 2009 at 4:58 pm · Link

I’m actually okay with it only going five seasons, as long as they’re all good and it ends well. Wouldn’t want it to jump the shark.

But really I think what they’re saying is to go beyond 5 seasons they’d like big fat raises. You gotta read between the lines. ;)

4. K J Gillenwater
     · April 5th, 2009 at 1:31 pm · Link

Just saw Thursday’s ep this morning. It WAS a good one! Ah, yes, what I was hoping for, a little bit of brother humor with the serious armageddon plot. Perfect!

They brought up Dean Girls and Sam Girls. Oh yeah!!!!! I was dying with all the silly references to the show episodes. How the ghost ship ep/book was poorly written. LOL.

My favorite line: “I am the Prophet Chuck.” HILARIOUS.

I am fine with only one more season, because I worry the show will run out of steam, and I really really need to see a happy ending for this show. Some wrapped up finished thing. Where Dean goes riding off into the sunset with a bacon cheeseburger and a hot/smart girl who appreciates hard rock in the passenger seat. And Sam ends up as a small town lawyer somewhere with a secret past, but ends up married with three kids or something. That would be awesome. With one of his kids creeping down into the basement to uncover John Winchester’s old diary in the closing scene….that would rock!

What I am really hoping for is that Jensen Ackles gets a film career going…and more than just slasher remakes. Because, baby, I’d be there at the theater for every single film. :-)

· April 5th, 2009 at 4:44 pm · Link

LOL… you really want a white picket fence kind of ending? I think an ending like Angel’s would be more appropriate. There’s still work to do and let’s go kill some monsters, etc. Which would leave things open for movies! ;)

6. K J Gillenwater
     · April 5th, 2009 at 7:38 pm · Link

Ah, yes, you are SO right. A “Supernatural” movie would make my day…especially if they could bring back Jeffrey Dean Morgan as daddy Winchester somehow.

But a white picket fence ending with a bit of a twist, would be cool with me, too.

Give Dean a babe worthy of his hotness. That’s all I ask.