Dust jacket

Just received the final dust jacket design for Demon Princess. It’s out in trade paperback too, but this is what will be on the hardcover version. I just love those horned tiaras!!

Click on image to see it larger and read the snippet on the back cover! Ah, Nikki. She is fun to write.

Being that it is the first of the month (***HAPPY CANADA DAY***) I am starting my second draft of Eden #2 with a read-through of the manuscript. It’s officially due August 1st. I’ll make scene-by-scene notes on what needs to be tweaked. I’m really hoping it’s fairly solid. I have no idea what I shall find as I plunge back into these dark, quirky waters….

8 comments to “Dust jacket”

1. Rob Charron
     · July 1st, 2009 at 3:21 pm · Link

Hi ;)
    Glorious cover! I can’t wait to devour this book when it is released.
    Love From Canada

2. Tony Palermo
     · July 2nd, 2009 at 12:06 am · Link

Love it Michelle! Exciting times!

3. Tori
     · July 3rd, 2009 at 3:43 am · Link

The cover is beautiful:D

I have a question. I haven’t been reading your blog long and am unsure as to whether you have even mentioned this but…are you a full-time writer? Or do you have a day job? If you do have a day job how do you get so much writing done so quickly?

4. Tori
     · July 3rd, 2009 at 4:05 am · Link

Oh, and I just read the first chapter of Bitten and Smitten. I LOVE it. When I have the money I must BUY it. I haven’t read a book that made me this happy in some time. You, my friend, are a very talented writer:D

· July 3rd, 2009 at 5:49 pm · Link

Rob and Tony… thanks!

Tori… I write full-time but I freelance a few weeks as a graphic designer a year to help out at my ex-day job. And yeah, I couldn’t possibly write four books a year (my current schedule) if I had another job. When I worked full time, I was averaging a book every 8-9 months. Hope you like the rest of B&S if you get your hands on it!! :)

6. Danette
     · July 4th, 2009 at 2:07 am · Link

I love the cover Michelle! Is there a countdown widget?

Hugs, Danette

7. Tori
     · July 5th, 2009 at 1:09 am · Link

That’s amazing that you are already writing full time. Your story has given me hope! If you are writing full time…maybe I can get there too!
    Writing has to be the best job in the world:D Maybe someday soon I will be a fellow author too.
    I already know I will love the rest of your book. It has great humor and I love the action as well.

· July 5th, 2009 at 10:22 pm · Link

Danette… Thanks! Some nice person made a widget. You can find it here: http://book-splot.blogspot.com/2009/06/countdown-widgets.html

Tori… determination and stubbornness (sometimes to a fault) is very key to writing full time. Also saving money before hand. I kind of wish I’d done the last one. It would have helped out a lot now. ;)