Dust jacket

Just received the final dust jacket design for Demon Princess. It’s out in trade paperback too, but this is what will be on the hardcover version. I just love those horned tiaras!!

Click on image to see it larger and read the snippet on the back cover! Ah, Nikki. She is fun to write.

DP_hc-jacket

Being that it is the first of the month (***HAPPY CANADA DAY***) I am starting my second draft of Eden #2 with a read-through of the manuscript. It’s officially due August 1st. I’ll make scene-by-scene notes on what needs to be tweaked. I’m really hoping it’s fairly solid. I have no idea what I shall find as I plunge back into these dark, quirky waters….

8 comments to “Dust jacket”

1. Rob Charron
     · July 1st, 2009 at 3:21 pm · Link

Hi ;)
    Glorious cover! I can’t wait to devour this book when it is released.
    Love From Canada
    RKCharron
    xoxo

2. Tony Palermo
     · July 2nd, 2009 at 12:06 am · Link

Love it Michelle! Exciting times!

3. Tori
     · July 3rd, 2009 at 3:43 am · Link

The cover is beautiful:D

I have a question. I haven’t been reading your blog long and am unsure as to whether you have even mentioned this but…are you a full-time writer? Or do you have a day job? If you do have a day job how do you get so much writing done so quickly?

4. Tori
     · July 3rd, 2009 at 4:05 am · Link

Oh, and I just read the first chapter of Bitten and Smitten. I LOVE it. When I have the money I must BUY it. I haven’t read a book that made me this happy in some time. You, my friend, are a very talented writer:D

· July 3rd, 2009 at 5:49 pm · Link

Rob and Tony… thanks!

Tori… I write full-time but I freelance a few weeks as a graphic designer a year to help out at my ex-day job. And yeah, I couldn’t possibly write four books a year (my current schedule) if I had another job. When I worked full time, I was averaging a book every 8-9 months. Hope you like the rest of B&S if you get your hands on it!! :)

6. Danette
     · July 4th, 2009 at 2:07 am · Link

I love the cover Michelle! Is there a countdown widget?

Hugs, Danette

7. Tori
     · July 5th, 2009 at 1:09 am · Link

That’s amazing that you are already writing full time. Your story has given me hope! If you are writing full time…maybe I can get there too!
    Writing has to be the best job in the world:D Maybe someday soon I will be a fellow author too.
    I already know I will love the rest of your book. It has great humor and I love the action as well.

· July 5th, 2009 at 10:22 pm · Link

Danette… Thanks! Some nice person made a widget. You can find it here: http://book-splot.blogspot.com/2009/06/countdown-widgets.html

Tori… determination and stubbornness (sometimes to a fault) is very key to writing full time. Also saving money before hand. I kind of wish I’d done the last one. It would have helped out a lot now. ;)