THE DEMON IN ME cover!!!

Now that I have my cover, I can finally share more info about THE DEMON IN ME, the first book in my upcoming Living in Eden series. Before the cover art, it just doesn’t quite feel like a real book yet.

Paranormal romance, humor, a sexy hero, a relatable heroine, magic, mayhem, mystery, danger, and lots of fun! I’ve written the first two books in this series and I absolutely adore the main characters, Darrak and Eden. I hope my readers do, too!!

DemonInMe_cover

THE DEMON IN ME
May 2010 – Berkley Sensation

Hell hath no fury…

Fate has led Eden Riley to become a “psychic consultant” to the police, even though her abilities are unreliable at best. Those paranormal powers are about to get her into a jam she couldn’t have predicted. After her hunky police detective partner guns down a serial killer in front of her, Eden realizes that she’s quite literally no longer alone. A voice in her head introduces himself as Darrak. He’s a demon. But not in a bad way!

…like a woman possessed.

Darrak lost his original body 300 years ago thanks to a witch’s curse. This is the first time he’s ever been able to speak directly to a host, plus there’s a bonus. Eden’s psychic energy helps him to take form during daylight hours. He wants to use this chance to find a way to break his curse — finally. Otherwise, Eden’s going to have to learn to live with this sexy demon…like it or not.

And she thinks she might like it.

A short excerpt from Chapter 2….

“You’re a demon,” she said it so quietly even she had trouble hearing it.

“Yes.”

“And you’ve possessed me.”

“If you put it that way it sounds a bit ominous, doesn’t it? I’d rather think of it as ‘sharing living space.'”

It was true. She’d seen it with her own eyes when the serial killer had been killed. The black smoke hadn’t just been smoke—it was the demon he’d claimed to be possessed with. The demon that was now inside of her.

For a moment she was positive she’d faint. The feeling passed, but the steadily growing fear that filled her remained.

“Get out of me,” she said softly.

“That does sound like an excellent plan, but you need to understand, this isn’t my choice. I haven’t been able to exist outside of my host since—”

“Get out right now!” Eden clutched the baseball bat so tightly she was sure she’d get splinters. She put every ounce of energy she could summon from the universe into those four words. She’d never felt so fierce or certain about anything in her entire twenty-nine years of life—and that included kicking her cheating jerk of a fiancé out six months ago. Although, it was still a close second.

She felt rather than heard the demon gasp inside of her—inside her head, her chest, her entire body. As if she’d been punched in the stomach she let out a wheezing breath and doubled over as the black smoke exited through her mouth in one dark, tasteless, odorless stream. She scrambled back from it until she hit the wall behind her and held the bat up as if that would be enough to protect her from Hell itself.

The smoke hung there like a small black rain cloud, unmoving, five feet in front of her, for a few more moments. Then something changed. She watched, stunned, as it began to take on a recognizable shape. The entire process took less than thirty seconds, but it was as if time itself had stopped. She couldn’t move, couldn’t breathe, couldn’t think. All she could do was watch—waiting for a large, red, hulking, horned Hell-beast to appear and devour her whole.

Pre-order available on Amazon.com!

16 comments to “THE DEMON IN ME cover!!!”

1. Sewicked
     · October 30th, 2009 at 11:00 am · Link

Okay, this looks eminently entertaining. Or do I mean vastly entertaining? Either way, it looks like a good read.

2. Cari Quinn
     · October 30th, 2009 at 11:39 am · Link

Oh, how gorgeous, Michelle! The blurb and excerpt sounds fabulous. I can’t wait to read it!

3. Jessica W
     · October 30th, 2009 at 11:43 am · Link

WOW! Loved the excerpt. This book is a must have.

4. RKCharron
     · October 30th, 2009 at 11:59 am · Link

Hi Michelle :)
    Thank you for sharing the cover & excerpt!
    Happy Halloween!
    All the best,
    RKCharron
    xoxo

5. Bailey Kelsey
     · October 30th, 2009 at 12:08 pm · Link

Michelle,

As always you’ve made me desperately want this novel with your little excerpt. And the cover art is amazing! I was excited before, but now I’m going to be unbearably excited to all my reader friends.

I can’t wait, but I will wait. :)

6. RachaelfromNJ
     · October 30th, 2009 at 12:37 pm · Link

Ok I don’t think you can hear me screaming…but I just SQEEE’D very loud!!!!!! LOL

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the cover. Love the title. Read the excerpt and it sounds absolutely fantastic. OMG!!!! :) I am drooling. LOL I can’t wait!!!!

7. Shanna
     · October 30th, 2009 at 3:26 pm · Link

So that cover is just plain hot! Sounds like such a great concept for a book! Looking forward to reading it, as always!

8. Willa
     · October 30th, 2009 at 4:00 pm · Link

Ooh – that’s what I call a ‘hook’ in an excerpt. Want. More.

And lovely cover, my tongue just got stuck on the screen! :D

9. Barbara Elness
     · October 30th, 2009 at 5:50 pm · Link

That’s one gorgeous cover there, and way to get me caught up in the story with that excerpt. I can’t wait to find out how it all goes down, May can’t get here fast enough.

10. Dawn Rials
     · October 30th, 2009 at 6:53 pm · Link

I love the cover! But I LOVE the excerpt more!! I cannot wait to get my hands on that book!!

11. Tori
     · October 30th, 2009 at 7:04 pm · Link

Yup. I gotta have that book now. The cover is beautiful, the title absolutely brilliant…and that excerpt. Wow. You really know how to pull the reader in. Seriously, I wish I had come up with something so awesome as this.

12. Maree Anderson
     · October 30th, 2009 at 11:22 pm · Link

OMG, awesome cover and I love the excerpt — def a must-buy!

13. Debi
     · November 13th, 2009 at 9:12 am · Link

Hi Michelle,

Just finished with your Immortality Bites series, I’m so glad everything worked out HEA, but I’m going to miss those characters.

This book looks like it’s going to be good. Can’t wait.

14. Laura
     · January 26th, 2010 at 4:20 pm · Link

I usually don’t pick up a book if it has demons in it. But, I make an exception only for Kelley Armstrong and yourself. I’m an Earth Witch and I really do believe that the things we give voice to or put in print become empowered from us doing so. I can see a vampire as a romantic hero, demons… not really. I hope your next series is about dragons, wizards and witches. ;)

· January 28th, 2010 at 5:55 pm · Link

All I can say is I’d never make a hero who was truly and completely demonic. I have interesting plans for Darrak’s character arc. And there are witches and wizards in this series, although dark and light ones. :) Hope you like it despite your qualms!

16. Anna
     · October 8th, 2015 at 1:25 am · Link

I absolutely loved the first book, Im going to die of bodreom waiting for the 2nd of sep to roll around:( I really like the cover for the new book it really contrasts with the first. I really cant decide which guy I like the best, but I hope there’s more about the demon hunter Ori, I also hope she does get to speak to the tv show peole CAN’T WAIT FOR FORBIDDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it’s going to be fabulously wicked awesomeness !!!!!