Lucky #13

funny-pictures-vampire-cat-with-skills

Today I completed my final read-through and delivered the manuscript of NIGHTSHADE to my editor. It’s my thirteenth contracted novel and I’m feeling pretty good about it! Vampires and vamp hunters — with (what I think is) a twist, it’s definitely got a darker edge to it (compared to my lighter fare, that is). While I adore writing the funnier stuff and it comes easier to me than the darker stuff, I have to say that books like NIGHTSHADE are more inline with what I like to read. So I’m pretty excited about this one. And it’s not all drama. I don’t think I could ever write a book without a little snark and sarcasm in it. Got to have a few quips with the butt-kicking. :)

However, now that I’m done, I’m still not sure if it’s an urban fantasy with romantic elements (and some delightful horror elements) or a paranormal romance (with some delightful horror elements). I’m going to leave that to my editor to decide!

Now I’m going to take the evening off, but tomorrow I HAVE TO get back into my second Blaze, STORMY WEATHER (decidedly lighter in tone than Nightshade was! And, uh, no horror elements) so I can finish that up by the end of the month, because then I get to dive right into Nightshade’s sequel, NIGHTFALL. That is, if my outline is approved.

Of course, I’ll talk way more about the characters and plots of these books when we get closer to pub date. I always say, until I have a cover (and a pub date!), it doesn’t really feel real.

But Nightshade is definitely about vampires in a big way. I figured I needed a bit of a diversion from the demon kick I’ve been on lately. There are lots of monsters to go around.

Not sure if I mentioned it here on the blog or not, but I’ve accepted an offer to take part in the KISS ME DEADLY YA anthology (which I’ve been referring to here and there as FIRST KISS, LAST RITES) from the editor and publisher of the Mammoth anthos (Running Press). I have a fun witch idea for this one. It’s still simmering in mah brain. We shall see. So hooray!

Okay, that’s it for now! Oh…except that I do want to share my self-made trailer for THE DEMON IN ME. I think trailers help to give a little taste of the feel/vibe of the book that can’t always be expressed just with a regular static blurb. Five more months till this is out!! Can’t wait!!

8 comments to “Lucky #13”

1. brenda
     · December 8th, 2009 at 11:36 am · Link

If that book trailer isn’t brilliant, I don’t know what is. Best I’ve seen for sure, and actually makes me want to buy the book! Brava Michelle.

2. RachaelfromNJ
     · December 8th, 2009 at 3:07 pm · Link

Great trailer Michelle!! Sounds like a great book!!

3. Amy Jacobs
     · December 9th, 2009 at 12:40 pm · Link

OMG! I can’t wait! I love the trailer. I might have to put this up on my blog for my readers if it is okay with you?!

Would love to do a review of it and promote it for you on my blog if interested Michelle!
    Amy J

4. Shanna
     · December 10th, 2009 at 11:22 am · Link

REALLY looking forward to The Demon in Me. It’s such a great concept!

5. google api console
     · May 16th, 2014 at 3:30 am · Link

Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed!
    Extremely helpful info specifically the last part :) I care
    for such info much. I was seeking this particular info for a long time.
    Thank you and good luck.

6. Shannon
     · May 29th, 2014 at 6:57 am · Link

I am extremely impressed with yoir writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog.
    Is this a pid theme or did you modify it yourself?Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a nice
    blog like this one today.

7. loans for pensioners with no credit check
     · May 31st, 2014 at 4:25 am · Link

magnificent issues altogether, you just won a logo new reader.
    What might you recommend about your put uup that
    you simply made a few days ago? Any positive?

8. gojiactivesformula.net
     · June 1st, 2014 at 2:18 am · Link

Highly descriptive post, I loved that bit. Will there be a part 2?

My web site; gojiactivesformula.net