O Come All Ye Fangful – Winners!!

I’d like to thank everyone who entered my first short story contest. I was thrilled to receive thirty-four entries. So thrilled, in fact, that I dug right in and started reading them, which is why I’m announcing the winners a couple days earlier than I’d expected to!

I do encourage anyone who entered to share their stories on their own blogs or websites. And please post the link here in the comments so everyone can check out your marvelous prose! You all rock!!! I wish I had prizes for everyone. But, alas, I do not.

That said, I’m very pleased to announce the stories I’ve chosen as my winners and each will be featured here on my blog for all to read starting on Sunday, December 20th……….

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Michelle Rowen’s 2009

O COME ALL YE FANGFUL

HOLIDAY SHORT STORY CONTEST
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

First Place
THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT by Gwen Hayes
(will post here on Dec. 24th)

Second Place
AS CLOSE AS A CHRISTMAS WISH by Cari Quinn
(will post on Dec. 23rd)

Third Place
WAKING UP WITH DRAGONS by Margaret Mater
(will post Dec. 22nd)

Honorable Mentions
WALKING IN A WEREWOLF WONDERLAND by Diana Ksenycz
(will post Dec. 21st)
&
DON’T KILL THE MESSENGER by Sarah Cody
(will post Dec. 20th)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Again, thanks so much to everyone who entered!! And congrats to the winners!

–Michelle xoxo

13 comments to “O Come All Ye Fangful – Winners!!”

1. Samantha Hunter
     · December 18th, 2009 at 10:49 am · Link

Congratulations to all the winners, but especially my pal Cari Quinn, who rocks. :)

Sam

2. Xjaeva
     · December 18th, 2009 at 11:16 am · Link

Agh! I have a wait a whole day to start reading! Well I can’t wait to read them!!

Jeannette

3. Vanessa
     · December 18th, 2009 at 12:14 pm · Link

Here is the link to my story. Thank you for having the contest :)

4. xjaeva
     · December 18th, 2009 at 2:50 pm · Link

I highly recommend reading Vanessa’s story!

5. gwen hayes
     · December 18th, 2009 at 3:41 pm · Link

Thanks Michelle! I had a fun time!

6. Barbara
     · December 18th, 2009 at 5:30 pm · Link

It got me writing something which is always good. Here’s the link to my story.

7. Ash'o
     · December 18th, 2009 at 6:54 pm · Link

Congratulations to all the winners.

I read Barbara story, I must say it’s pretty good. I enjoyed it. And I read Vanessa story. She’s good too. I enjoyed both of their stories.

To all have a good Christmas and a happy New Year.

8. Tara
     · December 18th, 2009 at 7:24 pm · Link

Gah!!
    I’m soooo proud of you, Cari! 2nd place is just super awesome!! I read and loved the story already of course, but hot damn!

This from the girl that didn’t even care if she placed. LOL

I love that you did this Michelle. I hope to participate in the next one. What a great way to give back to your readers who just happen to be writers.

9. Cari Quinn
     · December 19th, 2009 at 12:54 am · Link

Thanks so much, Michelle, for having this contest and congratulations to all the winners! I had a blast writing my story.

Thanks also to Sam and Tara. ;)

10. Ashleigh
     · December 19th, 2009 at 3:19 am · Link

I like Barbara story. It’s great!!:)

11. Jani
     · December 19th, 2009 at 5:53 am · Link

Congrats to all the winners, I’m looking forward to reading all the stories. Great contest, Michelle. Hope there will be more in the future.

Here’s my story:

12. Mary
     · December 19th, 2009 at 11:09 am · Link

Congratulations to the winners; Gwen, Cari, Margaret, Diana and Sarah! I’m looking forward to reading your stories…

Here’s my short story: http://marymacvoy-writeorwrong.blogspot.com/2009/12/write-or-wrong.html

Thanks for the Challenge, Michelle (always amused to find yet another way to procrastinate!)

Happy Holidays!

13. Sara Randall
     · December 19th, 2009 at 1:51 pm · Link

Didnt get to submit mine. Kids were crazy and I couldnt beat it down to 1000 words. I will post my link when I finish.