30 Demon Days – Day 4 – Michele Bardsley

***Thank you to all the commenters and thank you to Michele for visiting! The winner of the $10 gift card to Barnes & Noble courtesy of Michele Bardsley is comment #13 – Christa! Congrats! Christa has been contacted by email to claim her prize.***

To celebrate the countdown to my new release, the first book in the Living in Eden series, THE DEMON IN ME, I’m blogging every day — and some days I have fabulous guests and prizes!

Today it’s the fabulously talented Michele Bardsley, author of the Broken Heart Vampires series. She’s generously giving away a $10 gift card to Barnes & Noble to a randomly selected commenter who will be chosen tomorrow, Wednesday, April 7th at 9:00 p.m. EST.

***

chohw1Welcome, Michele! What inspired you to write about demons?

I never thought I’d ever write about demons, not after my traumatic childhood experience of watching “The Exorcist.” When I was very young, my parents went to the drive-in theater in our stylin’ ’70’s van (it was brown with porthole windows and shag carpet), opened the back doors and watched the movie. They probably thought I was too young to even understand what was going on, much less have the attention span required to watch it. Oh, I remember all right. Thanks for the trauma, parental units!

Eventually I stopped worrying about being possessed by Satan (although, those formative years in Catholic school certainly didn’t help much), and as I started writing paranormal tales, there was no way to avoid demons. They made good instant villains. Then later, I expanded my viewpoint … okay, I romanced it up. A lot. The hero in my latest novel, COME HELL OR HIGH WATER, is a half-demon. Connor Ballard didn’t choose his parents, or to have powers derived from the Pit. Other than that penchant for lying and lusting, he’s an all right guy. I mean he falls in love with a demon-hunting vampire, so you can see he has standards.

Demons — shades of gray or always evil?

Shades of pink, really. Maybe some flames. Anyway, I think demons can be moral creatures—although their methods may not exactly be on the up and up. It’s the end game that’s important.

What’s your demonically awesome book about?

When vampire and single mother Phoebe Allen allows lust to override her common sense, she finds herself mated to sexy half-demon Connor Ballard. Now she’s helping him search for an ancient talisman, fighting off his evil stepmother and her demon minions, and protecting Broken Heart from an underworld take-over.

Let’s say Jim Cameron calls and he wants to make COME HELL OR HIGH WATER into a movie. Who are your actor/actress choices?

I think Megan Fox would make an awesome vampire demon hunter. So, yeah, definitely her for Phoebe. As for Connor, Jensen Ackles with a Scottish accent. *swoon*

What’s your one line of advice for aspiring writers (demonic or otherwise)?

Don’t fall in love with your words.

***

Thanks Michele!

If you want to learn more about Michele and her fabulous books, please visit her at www.michelebardsley.com.

37 comments to “30 Demon Days – Day 4 – Michele Bardsley”

1. Jessica W
     · April 6th, 2010 at 11:13 am · Link

I’ve never read this series but it sounds great.

I consider demons in shades as well. I’m weak for a bad-boy demon with good in his heart. ;)

Thanks for the contest Michelle and Michele!

2. Rayna
     · April 6th, 2010 at 12:26 pm · Link

Wow thanks for the interivew Michelle and Michele. LOL I am a big fan of both of you. I hope to see you both at RT this year.

3. Darla G
     · April 6th, 2010 at 12:26 pm · Link

I agree with Jessica, especially if demon bad-boy is dark and brooding with a bit of sarcasm.

4. maria chiara
     · April 6th, 2010 at 12:27 pm · Link

I read all the books and i LOVED them…I alrerady read come hell or high water and Connor is so cute and dangerous. you just can’t NOt fall for him.

5. Beth C.
     · April 6th, 2010 at 12:30 pm · Link

This is a great series. And my daughter likes it too. I often have to get my books back from her when I want to reread them.

6. JOYE
     · April 6th, 2010 at 12:49 pm · Link

Wow this one sounds so good I have added it to my TBR list. I like demons and that movie was scary even if you weren’t a little kid. I think the music made it that way.

7. Mindy Holt
     · April 6th, 2010 at 12:51 pm · Link

I am recently rededicated to my love of good books and these are totally in my stack… my stack is about 20 foot high lol, but I am moving them towards the top!

8. Teresa W.
     · April 6th, 2010 at 12:55 pm · Link

This would be a new series for me, sounds good!

9. Krista
     · April 6th, 2010 at 1:06 pm · Link

I read Come Hell or High Water as soon at was released and I loved it. The only problem is that I finish it in one day and want to keep reading. Love your books!

10. Lori C
     · April 6th, 2010 at 1:08 pm · Link

Woohoo! Two of my favorite authors in one place! Made my day. If you have not read either of them, what are you all waiting for. Go forth and buy immediately!!

11. Michele Bardsley
     · April 6th, 2010 at 1:13 pm · Link

Thanks for dropping by and leaving such nice comments. And smoooooooches to Michelle for letting me hang out on her blog today.

12. Joder
     · April 6th, 2010 at 1:22 pm · Link

The new book sounds like a lot of fun. The storyline sounds exciting and full of humor too. I like your selections for actors…but then anything with Jensen Ackles is something I want to see.

13. Christa
     · April 6th, 2010 at 1:52 pm · Link

Come Hell or High Water sounds fun: with a good dash of comedy. : ) I like my books to have a little fun in them.

And new spins (aka shades) on supernatural beings is always interesting to me.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

· April 6th, 2010 at 1:56 pm · Link

Michele = Awesome in all ways. Thanks for visiting!! And thanks to everyone for the comments so far. :)

15. Elie N
     · April 6th, 2010 at 2:00 pm · Link

Hi Michelle and Michele! Love you both. Excited about MR upcoming release. And MB, loved CHOHW. You are two of my favorites!

16. Jen Binny
     · April 6th, 2010 at 2:25 pm · Link

Oh wow The Demon in me sounds great and Come Hell or High Water was fantastic! Good luck with the New series i will be keeping and eye out for it,I just added it to my TBR list. Oh how it keeps growing! Its actually at the top I need a Demon fix in what ever shade it comes in.

17. Donna S
     · April 6th, 2010 at 2:30 pm · Link

Great post/interview. I love the Broken Heart series and I like those actor selections. Thanks for sharing!!

18. Caitlin U
     · April 6th, 2010 at 2:31 pm · Link

I agree Megan Fox would be a good choice for a vampire hunter.

19. tamibates
     · April 6th, 2010 at 3:09 pm · Link

i love the story and the broken heart vamps and the small town

20. Tori
     · April 6th, 2010 at 3:27 pm · Link

The series sounds awesome! I haven’t read very many demon books, but this is one I would pick up.

21. Barb P
     · April 6th, 2010 at 3:34 pm · Link

Hi Michele! I love your Broken Heart Vampires series. It’s a great mix of humor, romance and vampires, what’s not to like. What’s up next for the series? Michelle – chomping at the bit for Demon in Me! Have a great day ladies.

22. Roxanne Rhoads
     · April 6th, 2010 at 3:36 pm · Link

Hi Michele B,

Your series is in my radar, I keep coming across the book cover and I think I am going to cave and check it out (not that I don’t already have a stack of books a mile high waiting to be read :-).

One can never have too much reading material. When there’s nothing else to do grab a book.

I hope I get the chance to grab one of yours soon.

You also have an open invite to drop by http://www.fang-tasticbooks.blogspot.com, I’d love to have you as a guest.

~Roxanne Rhoads

23. Terri
     · April 6th, 2010 at 4:13 pm · Link

Hi Michele,

Great interview and I love your Broken Heart Vampire series because it’s great entertainment, humoress and has vampires and werewolves among other supernatural creatures!

24. Alana Abbott
     · April 6th, 2010 at 5:16 pm · Link

Oooh, great one-line of advice. I also prefer my demons in varying hues of pink. :)

25. linzReads
     · April 6th, 2010 at 5:28 pm · Link

This book looks so good! I had to check out her website after reading your interview and now I want all of her books.

Great interview and great guest.

26. Lori Ann
     · April 6th, 2010 at 6:32 pm · Link

Michele’s books sound right up my alley. ‘Come Hell Or High Water’ sounds like a fun read, and Connor sounds like my kind of half-demon. Thanks for the interview.

27. Larena Wirum
     · April 6th, 2010 at 6:40 pm · Link

I haven’t read this series but it sounds like a lot of fun. :-) I am going to have check the books out. :-)

28. Lauren G.
     · April 6th, 2010 at 7:39 pm · Link

Great interview, another author/set of books to read! Yay!

29. lag117
     · April 6th, 2010 at 7:40 pm · Link

Awesome, def gonna check out this author!

30. Moonsanity (Brenda H.)
     · April 6th, 2010 at 8:19 pm · Link

I can so relate to the scariness of The Exorcist. Oddly, I was able to read the book as a teen, but was never able to make it through the movie. It seriously creeped me out!

I do love sexy demons though:) Thanks for the cool interview!

31. Robin K
     · April 6th, 2010 at 9:25 pm · Link

I have been collecting these books for a bit. Once I have them all I am going on a read-a-thon with them! :)

32. stacey smith
     · April 6th, 2010 at 10:32 pm · Link

Your books have look great to me for a while i just need to get around to getting them.can’t wait to read the when i do.
    sasluvbooks(at)yahoo.com

33. Laurel
     · April 6th, 2010 at 10:59 pm · Link

great interview :) I’m going to check this series out

34. Barbara Elness
     · April 7th, 2010 at 1:15 am · Link

I think both Michelle’s are fabulous writers and I enjoy your books a lot. I’m looking forward to reading Come Hell or High Water, which is on my TBR shelf, and The Demon in Me (it’s on my wish list).

35. Danette
     · April 7th, 2010 at 2:57 am · Link

I love Michele’s concept of vampire moms,they’re funny and easy to relate to….I blame my mom for my scared of horror flics too:D

36. chelleyreads
     · April 7th, 2010 at 4:33 am · Link

yay for michelles!! (i’m a michelle as well)

that was a great and fun interview. love the answers! i haven’t read about vamps in a while… i think it’s time to start again; the series sounds great!

37. CrystalGB
     · April 7th, 2010 at 11:14 am · Link

Great interview. Michelle’s books sound good. Cool cover for Come Hell or High Water.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks