30 Days of Demons – Day 20 – Jaye Wells

To celebrate the countdown to my new release, the first book in the Living in Eden series, THE DEMON IN ME, I’m blogging (almost) every day — and some days I have fabulous guests visiting with us!

Today it’s the fabulous urban fantasy author Jaye Wells, author of the kick-ass Sabina Kane series who has agreed to take part in my demonlicious Q&A………

***

What inspired you to write about demons?

I think it originated as fear of possession as a child (yeah, I was an interesting kid) and turned into fascination as I got older. Plus, when I started my series I knew I wanted a hairless cat character and it just seemed natural to make one a demon.

Demons — shades of gray or always evil?

Shades of grey definitely. Sabina’s sidekick, Giguhl, is a Mischief demon so he’s mainly there to shake things up and usually is a good guy. But other demons in the series are definitely evil.

What’s your demonically awesome book about?

My series is about Sabina Kane–half-vampire, half-mage, all assassin–who gets caught in the middle of a brewing war between vampires and mages. In her quest to figure out whose side she’s on she picks up a variety of allies and enemies, including Giguhl, a demon sent to test her who ends up being her minion. The second book, The Mage in Black, just came out and it’s filled with all sort of demony goodness, including a Demon Fight Club.

Let’s say Jim Cameron calls and he wants to make THE MAGE IN BLACK into a movie. Who are your actor/actress choices?

Sabina–Shirley Manson (not an actress, but kick ass nonetheless)

Adam–Ryan Reynolds (the hawtness)

Giguhl–Oliver Platt or Philip Seymour Hoffman,

What’s your one line of advice for aspiring writers (demonic or otherwise)?

Sit your ass in the chair and do the damned thing.

***

Thanks Jaye!

To learn more about Jaye and her fabulous books, please visit www.jayewells.com! To read the first chapter of her new release THE MAGE IN BLACK, check it out here!

11 comments to “30 Days of Demons – Day 20 – Jaye Wells”

1. Elie N
     · April 22nd, 2010 at 9:24 am · Link

I LOVE Jaye! RHStepchild was good, but TMIBlack-was fantastic-this is a must read!

2. Renee Belliveau
     · April 22nd, 2010 at 9:26 am · Link

Hairless cats do seem quite demon-esque, don’t they? The half-vampire, half-mage is an interesting concept, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of it before. Another 2 books for my list! =)

3. Jeanette Juan
     · April 22nd, 2010 at 2:06 pm · Link

Enjoyed the interview and heard wonderful things about this series!

4. Amy
     · April 22nd, 2010 at 3:00 pm · Link

Another author for me to add to my TBR shelf! Thanks so much for the Q & A!

5. Larena Wirum
     · April 22nd, 2010 at 4:39 pm · Link

This sounds like a good series I am going to have to check it out. :-)

6. Donna S
     · April 22nd, 2010 at 5:31 pm · Link

Ryan Reynolds totally great choice. I loved Red-Headed Stepchild and looking forward to reading The Mage in Black. Thanks for sharing today.

7. Bella F.
     · April 22nd, 2010 at 7:04 pm · Link

mmm yes, Ryan Reynolds! now that’s who I’ll imagine when I read this, lol
    thanks for the interview;hadn’t heard of this series before & looking forward to it :)

8. ash
     · April 22nd, 2010 at 7:34 pm · Link

Good advice lol. I have heard many wonderful things about this series. Please pretty please count me in.

9. tamibates
     · April 22nd, 2010 at 11:55 pm · Link

i hadnt actually read them but i want to. they sound like a good story

10. Jessica W
     · April 23rd, 2010 at 2:13 pm · Link

Thanks for the interview ladies. I haven’t read this series yet but it sounds like a good read. Will definately have to pick these up. :)

You always have the best authors to interview Michelle. Thanks again.

11. Angie D
     · April 23rd, 2010 at 10:06 pm · Link

I have heard great things about Jaye and her books! Another to put on my TBR list!
    email bangersis(at)msn(dot)com