30 Days of Demons – Day, uh, ?? – RT next week!

So the RT Booklovers Convention is next week in Columbus, Ohio! (what’s round on both sides and high in the middle? OHIO).

A hunched over writing hermit like yours truly takes a bit of time to adjust being around other real live human beings, but I figure by Tuesday night (max Wednesday noonish) I’ll be all settled in and ready to have some fun!

This is my 4th RT convention and this time I’m finally on a couple of cool panels. Ususally I’m not sure if I’m going to make it to the con until closer to the date, and then I’m too late to be on panels, but not this year. No siree!

Here’s where you can find me…………

>>>Wednesday, April 28th

11:15 AM – 12:15 PM YOUNG ADULT: YOU REALLY CAN GO BACK: TRANSITIONING FROM ADULT ROMANCE TO YOUNG ADULT
WEDNESDAY: For adult romance writers who would like to try their hand at YA, this panel of authors (who write adult romance, urban fantasy, and YA romance) will explain the differences in writing and publishing in these popular fields. We’ll look at writing style and content of YA books versus romance novels as well as how traditional children’s publishers differ from romance publishers and what they’ll expect from you. We’ll look at the differences in marketing and discuss how to keep your more “adult” books from getting into the hands of your new young fans.
Panelists: Kelley Armstrong, Alyxandra Harvey, Caitlin Kittredge, Richelle Mead, Michelle Rowen, Rachel Vincent Moderator: Stacey Klemstein aka Stacey Kade

2:30 PM – 3:30 PM URBAN FANTASY: ALPHA MALES AND THE KICK-ASS HEROINES WHO LOVE THEM
WEDNESDAY: A genre known for its strong heroines needs equally strong men. But women like these aren’t going to put up with guys who are too obnoxiously alpha … or will they? What kind of guy is really the best match? Join us as bestselling authors discuss the highs and lows of creating sexual and romantic tension between couples in urban fantasy. Find out what it takes to create the perfect partner … and why sometimes, one guy just isn’t enough.
Captain: Richelle Mead Panelists: Keri Arthur, Shannon K. Butcher, S. J. Day aka Sylvia Day, Jeaniene Frost, Michelle Rowen

>>>Thursday, April 29th

4:00 PM – 6:00 PM RT BOOK REVIEWS AWARDS CEREMONY
THURSDAY: RT BOOK REVIEWS Career Achievement and Reviewers’ Choice Awards (I’m very happy to announce that TALL, DARK & FANGSOME won the Vampire Romance category (!!!) so I will gratefully and happily be accepting this award!)

6:30 PM – 7:30 PM BOOKSELLER: NOT SO SWEET SIXTEEN PARTY
THURSDAY: Spin the bottle, spiked punch – this is the kind of party your mother warned you about! Embrace your inner 16 year old and join bestselling YA authors for a spring fling John Hughes would be proud of.
Hosted By: Kelley Armstrong, Jennifer Barnes, Holly Black, Heather Brewer, Ally Carter, Shannon Delany, Jackie Kessler, Caitlin Kittredge, Stacey Klemstein aka Stacey Kade, Mari Mancusi, Melissa Marr, Richelle Mead, Michelle Rowen, Carrie Ryan, Jeri Smith-Ready, Rachel Vincent

>>>Friday, April 30th

11:00 a.m. — CLUB RT: Visit with published authors, publishers and cover models in a casual atmosphere. Special vendors and an informal photo area are also in this area of the hotel (use your own cameras). (I’m scheduled for this with a couple other League of Reluctant Adults! Also, the League is giving out Passports to Snark and there will be prizes if you collect stamps and signatures. Good times!)

>>>Saturday, May 1st

11:00 AM –  2:00 PM GIANT BOOK FAIR
SATURDAY: Where can you meet your favorite authors, get your pic taken with them or a cover model, or get a sneak preview to what’s coming out in the wonderful world of women’s fiction? At the one and only RT Booklovers Convention Book Fair! Over 300 authors will autograph books, posters and bookmarks, and you can bring your favorite “keeper” books to have your fav author sign them!! For those bringing collectibles and “keeper” books, we will clearly label the books for you, so as not to mistake them for new books! This event is open to the public for a small fee of $5.00 at the door. All registered attendees will enter 15 minutes prior to the public opening. (We’re allowed to request three books to have on hand. I’ve asked for Tall, Dark & Fangsome, Demon Princess: Reign or Shine, and The Demon in Me. Since this is a few days before TDiM’s release, I’m not sure if it will be there. I sure hope so!!)

BONUS ON-SITE PRIZES!! If you see me in the halls… I am bringing along a few super early copies of Demon Princess: Reign Check with me. Got a boxload of ’em yesterday! If you are really nice, have READ book #1 already, and are able to correctly answer a skill-testing question (perhaps  :) ) I may just give you one! (while supplies last, of course!)

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some packing to do.

And remember, New York Times bestselling author Jacquelyn Frank is my Q&A guest on Monday. She’s giving away a signed copy of Noah to celebrate my 30 Days of Demons! So please come back then!

Until next time, happy reading!

Michelle xoxo

15 comments to “30 Days of Demons – Day, uh, ?? – RT next week!”

1. Blake
     · April 24th, 2010 at 7:37 pm · Link

just fyi, according to the website you’ll be at club rt at 11 on fri :)

· April 24th, 2010 at 7:39 pm · Link

I couldn’t find that info! You’re like the RT guru this week. LOL!

3. Blake
     · April 24th, 2010 at 7:43 pm · Link

i just rock :) lol here’s the link if you want http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Custom.aspx?cid=35&e=39f9fb57-5ebc-49a4-b572-a2316b792e98

4. Renee
     · April 24th, 2010 at 7:45 pm · Link

Columbus is only like 2 hrs away from me but sadly I won’t be able to make it :-( I hope you have fun!

5. Jacqui Lyonelle
     · April 24th, 2010 at 7:49 pm · Link

Have a great time at RT Michelle and HUGE CONGRATS on winning the Vampire Romance Category! Whoo Hoo! Wish I could be there to see you accept your reward!

6. Jen
     · April 24th, 2010 at 7:53 pm · Link

I can’t believe it’s almost here either. Sadly I’m not going to the whole con (darn budget cuts!), but I will be at the book fair on Sat.

Just make sure you save one of your Reign Check copies for Sat so either me or my friends can rock your trivia challenge. lol

Crossing my fingers that the The Demon in Me will be on the tables next weekend. Can’t wait to get my hands on that one!

7. Name (required)
     · April 24th, 2010 at 11:10 pm · Link

I’ll see you there! I’ve got a vendor booth in Club RT this year – I’m so excited! I want to buy Tall DArk and Fangsome on Saturday if you get it. Busy, busy, busy……

8. Jessica W
     · April 24th, 2010 at 11:15 pm · Link

Congrats on the award Michelle. As a kick-ass author you totally deserve it. ;)

Oh how I WISH I could be there Sat. This convention is a book-lovers wet dream…

Unfortunately due to medical reasons I will be bed bound that day. :(

Have a blast and enjoy Michelle. I wish you the best of the best. :)

9. Bella F.
     · April 25th, 2010 at 12:54 am · Link

Congrats on the award Michelle!

Blast! I wish I could be there! There are soooo many authors I love going, and so many interesting discussions I’m gonna miss :(

Have fun all who are going! And pls report back for those of us who can’t make it :)

10. ash
     · April 25th, 2010 at 5:49 am · Link

That sucks ass, I live in Adelaide and I’m your biggest fan. There is no chance to see you. To tell you, I love your books and amazing author. Oh well…… have fun.

11. Laura P.
     · April 26th, 2010 at 11:18 am · Link

Why is it that all the good events that I REALY REALLY want to go to always fall on the weekends that I have work??? Murphy’s Law or Laura’s (me) Curse…. someday maybe I will be fortunent enough to get to come down for the RT event… just not this year. Have a good weekend though!

12. Brady Bryant
     · May 23rd, 2010 at 6:19 pm · Link

i was just wondering if any of you guys have a first hand experience about Paranormal in real life.~-;

13. Mason Adams
     · July 27th, 2010 at 12:32 pm · Link

paranormal stuffs are usually for those persons who are very very supersitious.*`:

14. Isabella Edwards
     · September 13th, 2010 at 1:37 am · Link

i like to hear paranormal stuffs because it stirs my excitement and imagination*’;

15. Shower Pump
     · December 21st, 2010 at 1:26 pm · Link

i have always been interested in the paranormal and the occult, that is why i bought some trifield meter and emf meters `;: