Status update

May has been a very busy month! Wow, it’s just blown by.

So here I sit on the last day of May and hoping that June is going to be an amazing month. It could happen. One good thing about June I know going in — no snow. At least, not where I live. *looks at sky skeptically*

Wanna know what I’ve been up to? Well, I’m happy to tell you!

I’m all finished my novella for the PRIMAL anthology that’s out next April with Lora Leigh, Ava Gray and Jory Strong. My story is called BLEEDING HEART but I’m also calling it Nightshade 1.5, since it takes place right after the events in NIGHTSHADE (out in February) but before BLOODLUST (working title) in October.

I’ve been living with these characters for a while now and will miss them now that I’m moving on to new stuff. I have the back cover copy for Nightshade, but I’m waiting to post it along with the cover which I figure I should be getting fairly soon, but I can share with you the subtitle: “Desire is in the blood.” I consider these books more urban fantasy, but there’s enough romance in ’em that they’ll be published as paranormal romance. I’m not sure I could write a book that was totally romance free anymore. The romance in Nightshade is definitely one of my faves. I sure don’t give Jill and Declan an easy time of it. You think I’ve tortured my characters in the past? Ha. You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.

I’ve also finished a few chapters and outline on my third Harlequin Blaze, IRRESISTIBLE, and I’m waiting for my editor’s thoughts on it before I dive into the rest. I think this will be a really fun story. At least, that’s the hope!

This week I am working on my copy edits for SOMETHING WICKED. After that I’ll be pecking away at a couple of proposals that have been poking at my muse. I like to think two or three years ahead of what is currently happening. Live in the now? Nah. Move along.

All right, so that’s what I’ve been up to. What have I been doing other than writing? Not much.

Are you trying to say that there’s more to life than creating fictional people? Umm…..

6 comments to “Status update”

1. Amanda
     · May 31st, 2010 at 10:50 pm · Link

Very much looking forward to reading all of them and seeing the covers! Nightshade sounds awesome.

2. Tori
     · June 1st, 2010 at 5:01 am · Link

I will be keeping my eyes open for all your releases Michelle! Especially NIGHTSHADE! I can’t wait to see your darkside! Would you like to work with these characters more in the future? Or will it just be the novella and two books?

I am already freaking out about SOMETING WICKED. October needs to hurry up and get here!

· June 1st, 2010 at 1:38 pm · Link

Thanks Amanda and Tori!

Tori… I’d love to write more about these characters. I made sure book two ends very satisfactorily, but there’s definitely room for more books if the series does well. :)

4. ash
     · June 1st, 2010 at 9:23 pm · Link

I just can’t wait. You’re books are amazing!:)

5. Tori
     · June 2nd, 2010 at 4:01 am · Link

I’m so glad that there is room to write more about your Nightshade characters! I really like the idea, so I’m excited to see how things turn out for them. Crossing my fingers that when the time comes it sells well!

I heard that the third book in your LIVING IN EDEN series sold. Does that mean DEMON IN ME sold well? I hope so! I bought a copy right on the fourth!

· June 2nd, 2010 at 10:53 pm · Link

I sold the third book before the first came out, but couldn’t announce it till it was official. Fingers crossed that they sell well so I can write more than the three, but it’s nice to know there will definitely be another. :)